Memorial Seecurity Gates - donated, constructed and erected by Mr John DiFabrizio 2013

Security, entrance gates donated, constructed & erected by Mr Don  DiFabrizio & family in 2013.

Hazelwood Cemetery was established when 10 acres of crown land was gazetted as a cemetery in April 1879. It is quite possible that some earlier burials had taken place on the site. There are now approaching 4500 internments at the cemetery which are arranged in sections including:

  • Religious Denominations

  • Children's Garden

  • Non Denominational Memorial

  • Non Denominational Lawn

  • Remembrance Gardens.

‚Äč

 

The Trust
 
The Trust members meets each month generally on a Tuesday at 6-00pm and is composed of 1 life appointed member and 6 members appointed for 5 year terms. The Trust holds meetings at the office each month to organise the business of running the cemetery. The current chairperson of the Trust is: Mr Leo Billington
Our Community

 

Hazelwood Cemetery provides a final resting place for  citizens of the communities of;

  • Morwell

  • Yinnar & District

  • Churchill

  • Hazelwood North

  • Hazelwood South

Our Members & Staff.
 

Hazelwood Cemetery Trust is managed by a board of Trustees  under the Cemetery and Crematoria Regulation Unit section of the Victorian Health Department. The Trust Secretary is a part time paid employee as is a gardener/ maintenance person.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our Generous Supporters
 
We are very grateful for donations from and support of the following community organisations.
 
  • Latrobe City Council

  • Mirboo North Bendigo Community Bank

  • Hazelwood Rotary Club

  • G.D.F Suez Australian Energy